Monday, December 19, 2011

I'll Be Home For Christmas...

And I never thought I’d say this but…there had better be snow. I have little doubt that there will be since its Minnesota. But, my mother has been reporting differently and being in the aforementioned two-season state of Texas has made me really appreciate my homeland and even wish for snow. I mean, Minnesotans get the full range of seasons, and that has been such a blessing that I didn’t understand until I left it all behind in pursuit of the endless summer.

And while the Christmas season here has been nice-singing Christmas songs at church, going to the candy-less parade (I’m not bitter), watching Elf and Home Alone, and getting to see a million or so lights decorating Camp Tejas- there is no snow, no sledding, no need for wool coats and big boots, and for a Minnesota girl it just doesn’t feel like Christmas.

So I’m excited for my two weeks of snow. Here’s hoping there is a lot of it. Enough to make at least a small army of snowmen to guard the fort.



3 comments:

  1. start saying your prayers now! There's still just a light dusting covering the ground. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better pack some snow! I think there's been more in Texas than we've had here. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I keep hearing! I can hardly believe it. I've never had a Christmas without snow :( My part of TX hasn't had any snow. Just rain. It's like spring here!

    ReplyDelete