Wednesday, December 7, 2011

You Knew it Was Coming: A Post About Crafts

I am going to be that Mother who forces her children to have craft time. I will prompt their creativity and exploit it for my own purposes. I am going to make them decorate our house with their works of art according to the seasons, holidays, current trends, and/or my mood.

I will be an Arts and Crafts Nazi.

Ok, so that is not entirely true. I will not force my kids to do or like anything just because I do. But man, I love crafts.

There’s something about taking some wire and some rocks and making a picture holder out of it. There’s something about watching yarn become a scarf or felt become a fox mask that just makes me bloom.

You see the obvious connection here to the ultimate Maker/Creator/Crafter. We’re nothing but bits and pieces of good and bad until He gets His hands on us. Then we have purpose and goodness and beauty.

Now look at this craft.





And for my next project....







1 comment: