Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Happy Belated Easter!

  
For Easter this year I went with my friend Morgan to a Cowboy Church. I’d never even heard of such a thing, but there it was, this open-air arena fit for a rodeo, plastic chairs in the sand and bleachers to one side, saloon doors swinging open to the bathrooms.

We sang hymns like country singers would and then we experienced a more contemporary worship band (James Curlin Band) and soon after we were responding with “Amen!” to our animated African-American preacher.

It felt so jumbled and yet in each part of the service, the Lord was there. We all know He doesn’t fit into any sort of type, category, or box. He’s not found only in nature, only in church, only in our prayers in Bible studies. He’s everything and everywhere. He’s in our sadness when saying good-bye, He’s in our conversations and laughter with friends, He’s in our lazy moments by the pool. He’s alive now, for us, for always.

Morgan and I on our way to Easter Service.

4 comments:

  1. "We all know He doesn’t fit into any sort of type, category, or box. He’s not found only in nature, only in church, only in our prayers in Bible studies. He’s everything and everywhere. He’s in our sadness when saying good-bye, He’s in our conversations and laughter with friends, He’s in our lazy moments by the pool. He’s alive now, for us, for always." Preach it! I just read Joshua this morning and I got to the Joshua 1:9 verse... "I hear by command you: Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go!" I think it is cool that God is with us everywhere and in every situation. This totally reminds me of the footsteps in the sand story...but I will not bore you with that! Thank you for this reminder that God is awesome and is alive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, Nick :) I love that verse too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so pretty in your Easter outfit :) Miss you.

    ReplyDelete