Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Texas

I love you. You’ve kept me warm all through the fall. Sure, your evergreens and pine trees go from green to rusty death, skipping all the colours of a fall in Minnesota. But, as a cold-natured girl, I am grateful for your sun-drenched days that last into November.

But this cold front and this lack of rain is killing me. No campfires?!? Even when it’s only 50 degrees and I have to start wearing socks and sweaters and fleece? Give us some rain and let us come out from under the burn ban so we can warm ourselves and eat our s’mores and feel like autumn has arrived.

I mean I can hardly get out of bed when I think about my bare feet on these cold floors.
But I need coffee. And as I wait for it to brew I find a patch of sunlight and stand in it and I almost forgive you for acting like the tropics one day and the North the next.

Like the Texans always say, “There are two seasons here. Summer and not summer.”




Be thankful & aware

of the
seasons & the

feelings & lifestyle

that
go with

each one.







No comments:

Post a Comment