Monday, February 6, 2012

Answered Prayers

Just a short lil’ post to share how much I’ve realized that the Lord does provide.

It’s not just that He knows our needs, it’s that He fulfills them. I have had a succession of bad days during which I felt a hole where past friends had been and I came to the realization that I wasn’t as close to the people I work and live with as I had been with those who have moved on. And this made me angry and frustrated.

And just like that my Randy asks me what’s wrong and he lends me his raincoat and listens. Just the next morning Nathan asks me to go have breakfast with him in town and asks me for my honest opinions when we re-decorate our camp store. Just that night Jeffery offers to help my scrapbooking ladies haul all their books and boxes into their meeting space. Just the next morning Morgan hugs me with the warmth of a thousand suns. And just last night Brandy sits on my floor and offers advice and Liz tells me she loves me.

And just like that I have this makeshift family, a chaotic bunch of personalities, but each one making me feel like home.

When I stopped focusing on what I don’t have the Lord opened me up to realize there is so much more that I do have.


(in love with y'all)



1 comment:

  1. aww! You ARE loved! :) And missed! But I'm glad there are people down in Texas (y'all!) to show you some love!

    ReplyDelete